Saw this on Ali’s blog and it resonated with a few things I’ve been thinking about lately. My list seems rather negative, but then I find positive things are easier to say.
1) I never realised until recently what it must have taken you to write that letter. I was the stupid one, not you, but I didn’t know that then.
2)I wish we had said goodbye properly. I appreciate everything you did and I hope that you are happy.
3)I admire you so much. You are still one of the people I look up to most. I try to tell you that, but I don’t think you really believe me.
4) Even though you are sincere and mean well, you are wrong in so many ways. I hope you realise that one day.
5)It’s such a shame you had to open your mouth and be so rude. It’s a shame for you though, not us.
6) I don’t know why you cannot be happy for me, but until then, I don’t want to be in contact with you.
7) I’m giving you a pat answer because it’s too personal to share with someone I hardly know and even if I did explain it, I don’t think you would understand.
8) It was me. Something I ate is obviously disagreeing with me. Sorry.
Btw, none of these are addressed to Mr Outlines. Strange as it seems, I tell him everything. Even if I don’t want to, my mouth opens and the words spill out.